Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Final Luminaire

My final luminaire is made from 3/32 inch thick Basswood. In making this project, I learned more about how a cube is made with all sides, like an orthographic layout should be. I also was able to experiment with different binding agents. The wood is held together by Zap-a-Gap, the paper is held together by clear tape and glue, and I used double-sided tape to hold the paper to the wood. Although I did stick to the idea of keeping a paper box inside, it is not vellum. Instead I decided to use printer paper because the lightbulb was hidden in vellum, but still very bright and instead of buying more light bulbs, I used a thicker paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment